- Phd in progress, University of Piraeus, Greece, Supervisor: Symeon Retalis
- Master in E-learning (MSc). University of Piraeus, Greece , Department of Digital Systems, with subject: “Cosy_ComicStripCreator an interactive tool for creating online comics», using Flash ActionScript, MDM Zinc 2.5, PHP, SQL”
- Bachelor in Technology Education and Digital Systems (BSc), University of Piraeus, Greece , Faculty of Digital Systems
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the e-learning systems and content of the Greek army.
- CTO, ITisART.Ltd (www.itisart.com.gr), Responsible for educational software development and project management. Participated in projects with big international vendors like Intel, Microsoft and Smart Technologies.
- Researcher – Programmer, with responsibilities of system analysis, design, educational application development and server maintenance.
- Developing interactive learning applications & content
- Educational Web Comics
Member of the implementation team of the international & internal projects:
- ALdia-Accessible Learning design, implementation and accreditation
- SERCo-Social Entrepreneuship for Roma Communities
- i-Pad 1-1 στη σχολική τάξη-Αξιολογώντας την μαθησιακή εμπειρία
- Innovation Fund –Educational Environmental Atlas Greece FY15-16
- SAILS: Strategies for Assessment of Inquiry Learning in Science
- SIMPLE- Student Information Management Personalized Learning Enviroment
- PREATY: Proposing modern e-assessment approaches and tools to young and experienced in-service teachers
- M4ALL: Motion-based adaptable playful learning experiences for children with motor and mental disabilities
- Expansion of the game ActionAid Game
- ELearning Programs Center of Training and Lifelong Learning, 1st cycle
- Developing of Knowledge for Evaluation of Software according to the specifications of EOPPEP (Government Gazette 2123 / 08.01.2014) and Professional Skills
- careNET: Building ICT competencies in the long-term care sector to enhance quality of life for older people and those at risk of exclusion
- LiRE: Lifelong Readers: A European reading Promotion Framework for Primary School Librarians, Educators and Administrators
- Google project – CS4HS workshop in 2013
- ActionAid Game
- Learning Greek Language to foreigners
- Using new Media to prevent and combat against Media violence
- SEN Moodle
- EAID-EuropeAid127-765CACTRUE-1 – RADC: Raising Awareness on Development Cooperation
- Colloborative Creative Problem Solving Activities in Chemistry: High school students as scientists with collaboration and creativity spirit
- EBCII-Comenius PictureBooks
- Leonardo da Vinci –Transfer of Innovation: A framework for preparing teachers to teach with ICT (EUPT3)
- EduComics: Using Web Comics in Education
- WEENET: Network of Excellence in Web Engineering
- id-Space: Tolling of and training for collaborative, distributed product innovation
- Grid4all: Self-*Grid: Dynamic virtual organizations for schools, families, and all
Papers published in proceedings of international conferences:
- Μ. Mpoloudakis, Μ. Basilikopoulou, P. Georgiakakis, Y. Arapoglou, S. Retalis (2009). “Are web comics a fashion of the times? How is their use and spread favored? ” 3rd COMICS CONFERENCE IN MYTILENE, Fearful Symmetry: Comics, Politics and New Technologies, October 30 - November 1, 2009 in Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece.
- Μ. Mpoloudakis, Y. Arapoglou, P. Georgiakakis, (2009). “Analyzing the Functionalism of Tools of Creation of Digital Educational Comics”, 6th Pan-Hellenic congress “School 2.0” on the ICT in the Education, 17 -18 October 2009, Piraeus, Greece.
- Μ. Basilikopoulou, Y. Altanis, Μ. Mpoloudakis, P. Georgiakakis, S. Retalis (2009). “ Pilot Laboratory of the Use of Educational Digital Comics in Students of Secondary Education on the subject of the Equality of Two Sexes ”, 1st Educational Conference of Integration and Use of ICT in the Educational Process, Bolos, Greece, 24-26 April 2009.
- Arapoglou, Y., Vasilikopoulou, M., Boloudakis, M., Georgiakakis, P., Constantinou, C., Lazakidou, G., Retalis, “E-fidaki: Want to Teach it? Snake it or Ladder it”, International Council of Educational Media Annual Conference 2007, 21-22 September 2007, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- S. Retalis, C. Tsirigka, P. Georgiakakis, M. Boloudakis, G. Aretou (2008). “Change the flow of a TV show or a quiz-game by web voting and talking to your co-viewers”, uxTV 2008, First International Conference on Designing Interactive User Experiences for TV and Video, October 22 - 24, 2008, Silicon Valley, California, USA
- Symeon Retalis, Ioannis Arapoglou, Michalis Boloudakis, Petros Georgiakakis, Georgia Lazakidou, Charalambos Vrassidas, “Creating e-learning board games for school settings using the ELG environment”, e-Learning Excellence in the Middle East 2008, Dubai, UAE, January 14-17 2008.
Papers published in proceedings of Greek conferences:
- Symeon Retalis, Petros Georgiakakis, M. Boloudakis, J. Arapoglou, “Authoring Tools for Web Comics”, Tutorial at DIMEA 2008.
- Vasilikopoulou Marianthi, Mpoloudakis Michalis, Arapoglou Ioannis, Altanis Ioannis, Georgiakakis Petros, Retalis Symeon, “Results of a case study of using Educational Web Comics in students of primary and secondary schools”, 5th Panhellenic Conference «Technology Information & Communication in Education» 4 & 5 October 2008, Piraeus, Greece.
- Vasilikopoulou Marianthi, Mpoloudakis Michalis, Arapoglou Ioannis, Retalis Symeon, “The Web Comic Creator Tool on purpose of implementation of digital comics in education”, 4ο conference ΕΕΕΠ-ΔΤΠΕ, 5-8-2007, Piraeus.